Friday, December 18, 2009

Wow, I can't believe that it will be Christmas in one week from today! Holy Cow! Where has the time gone. Recently, I sat thinking over the past Christmases and thinking about how the boys have grown. I wish there was a stop button, so that we could stop them from growing, just for a few minutes, days, weeks. Anyway, here are some highlights of the last little while. (By the way, I think my cell phone's camera is really awful, I'm wondering if it shouldn't be taking better pics than this. My digital camera won't hold a charge, so this is all I have, guess it's time to work on that one.)



Kai is taking Guitar 1 this year in school and is doing pretty good. The class as well as the choir classes had a performance the other night and Kai and 3 of his friends performed. They were the HIT of the show! It was so much fun. The evening was D-R-A-G-G-I-N-G and we could hardly stand it and about the middle of the program was their performance. The boys chose to sing Adam Sandler's "Hanukkah Song" (and changed the words in a questionable part) and it was GREAT! (I've put the words below.) Everyone cheered and whistled and it was hoot! Leave it to Kai to provide the comic relief of the night. My boy, the ham! (He's on the far left end, the one helping Miss Backenstoss with the mic.) Here is the best we could get with my phone - thanks Abby for filming for me! ...





"Put on your yamulke, here comes Hanukkah. It's so much fun-akkah to celebrate Hanukkah,

Hanukkah is the festival of lights, instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights.

When you feel like the only kid in town without a christmas tree, here's a list of people who are Jewish, just like you and me:

David Lee Roth lights the menorah, so do James Cann, Kirk Douglas and the late Dinah Shore-ah

Guess who eats together at the Carnegie Deli, Bowzer from Sha-na-na and Arthur Fonzarelli.

Paul Newman's half Jewish; Goldie Hawn's half, too, put them together -- what a fine lookin' Jew!

You don't need "Deck The Halls" or "Jingle Bell Rock",
'cause you can spin the dreidel with Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock--both Jewish!

Put on your yamulke, it's time for Hanukkah.
The owner of the Seattle Supersonic-ahs celebrates Hanukkah.

O.J. Simpson -- not a Jew! But guess who is...Hall of Famer Rod Carew -- (he converted!)

We got Ann Landers and her sister, Dear Abby,
Harrison Ford's a quarter Jewish -- not too shabby!

Some people think that Ebenezer Scrooge is, well, he's not, but guess who is -- all Three Stooges

So many Jews are in show biz, Tom Cruise isn't, but I heard his Agent is.

Tell your friend Veronica, it's time you celebrate Hanukkah
I hope I get a harmonica, on this lovely, lovely Hanukkah

*Don't tick of Miss Backenstoss --ickah, or she'll make you play on stage --ickah (*changed)
If you really, really wanna --kah, have a happy, happy, happy, happy Hanukkah! Happy Hanukkah!"

The boys were excited, they got everyone enthused and awake and some singing along. (It's a little hard to hear at first, but gets louder.)



Last night, Kai had to make dinner for an assignment in Spanish class. It was yummy, (especially with Tapatio on it!) and he was glad it was over. I think he has the makings to be a pretty good cook! Ü





We are still waiting for the video we had at Cole's Eagle Scout Court of Honor that was made for him, as soon as we get that, I will post it.


I LOVE being a Mom...who would have thought it would have been THIS great?!

No comments:

Post a Comment