Saturday, May 1, 2010

W5D3 Woot Woot!

I did it! I can't belive I DID IT! It was a straight 20 minute run with a 5 minute warm up and cool down. It was another one of those days where I was putting it off until the last minute and really, really was anxious about it. I chose a more flat route, though this time, anticipating it being a little more difficult. And it was, but I DID IT! I can't believe I went from sedentary (and I thought I was a "little" active, ha!) to running 20 minutes straight! Woot Woot!

Oh, and on another note, it's really, REALLY official! I received my T-Shirt and number for the race on Saturday! I'm number 2010 (being new at this, I'm not sure if that is everyone's number or if I just got a number that goes along with the year of my first race?!), and it's pretty neat. Ok, so now I'm a little unsettled about all the unknown (Should I drive and park or take Trax? Should I drive by myself or have someone go with me? What do I do when I get there? Do I wear my number on the front or back? Will I have time for a 5 minute warm up? How early should I plan to be there? What happens after I cross the finish line? Should I plan to stick around or leave afterward? So many unknowns.

Next week is Week 6! Let's hope we have really nice weather on Saturday. So far, it looks pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not an expert, but I think you're the one person that got 2010 for your #. How cool is that!! Where is your run? Park close if you can or take trax, but if you do take trax you'll need someone to carry a gear bag for you. You know, things you might need that you don't want to carry with you on the run. (I carry almost everything though) If you've got your packet, then the first thing to do when you get there is to go potty. Empty your bladder. And if you want a 5 minute warm up, then get there with enough time to spare. Wear your number where ever your comfortable. I'm guessing every finish line is different. Some have an expo after, some you finish and walk away. Most important is to have fun!! All this advice from someone who has only ever run 3 official races in her life!!! Ha HA HA!

    ReplyDelete