Thursday, October 30, 2008

Yeah Phillies!...



I forgot how much I liked baseball since my life has been immersed in football. (Am I a mother of boys or what?!) I remember growing up, Ralph & Orin were Phillies fans and Saturday mornings the background noise was a baseball game either on TV or on the radio. I remember once going to a Phillies game too, althought I think I was too young to understand what was going on, I just remember it was a big stadium and it was fun. Having grown up in Philly (I was almost 8 when we moved to Utah) and with Sandy & Bob still there, I still feel a connection to it. It was really great to watch. Scott turned on the TV last night, it was the top of the 8th inning. By the time I cleaned up dinner and sat down, it was the top of the nineth. It didn't take long to get back into the emotion of baseball. When it was over I wished I had watched the whole series. Oh, and by the way, Mom was thrilled! You can take the girl out of Philly, but you can't take Philly out of the girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment