I received this survey from a friend and it made me think of my Grandpa Pieri. So, I've included a picture of him. He was the most well liked person I've ever known. He was so sweet and thoughtful, and kind and happy all the time. It's my Mom's dad, so those of you who know my Mom will know alot of her personality is from Grandpa. His name is Arturo Guiseppe Pieri, he went by Arthur, but many people called him Artie. I remember as a young girl, he would make Italian cookies called Pizzelles, they were little waffle type cookies and sell them to a local bakery. I made his pizzelles once and they were so good, I'll have to make them again. All my life I remember having pizzelles around, and wish I would have done the same for my family.
So, here is the survey. Let me know what YOU think when you read these questions, what is your Christmastime like?
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like both..wrapping can be very theraputic...but gift bags are nice and easy when you're in a rush.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees...the smell, the look...but we have a fake tree....it's easy. My Dad ALWAYS had a real tree, it's as if it is against family tradition to have an artificial tree, I wish I were more patient with the mess!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving or sometime over that weekend.
4. Do you like eggnog? I used to LOVE it as a kid, but I can only handle a sip or two now.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember one year getting this great doll, she was almost as big as me. I didn't see her leaning up against the wall on the side of the tree, so Orin had to point her out to me. I was SOOOO excited! I don't think I noticed any other gifts that year!
6. Hardest person to buy for? idk
7. Easiest person to buy for? idk
8. Do you have a nativity scene? I have several. I've thought about collecting them, and keep saying I'll start next year, so maybe next year! LOL!
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? hmmmm....is there a bad gift? I mean, hello, someone is giving you something!!
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? The original kid's Christmas movies like "How The Grinch Stole Christmas", "Rudolph", "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (which one has the Heat Miser and Cold Miser? I love those guys! LOL!
12. When do you start shopping? Whenever
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No
14. Favorite thing to eat at lunch on Christmas? We usually have finger foods out to snack on through the day
15. Lights on the tree? Yes, but hopefully I'll get a new tree that is pre-lit!
16. Favorite Christmas song? My favorite Christmas album is Donny Osmond's Christmas CD (I think it's out of print now, but it is SOOO good!), I love Bing Crosby and David Bowie's "Little Drummer Boy", that is a classic! I love singing the Christmas hymns at church.
17.Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. We've talked about going away for Christmas several times, but haven't seemed to do it. We did spend one Christmas in San Diego when we lived there, Christmas Eve we spent at the beach with our friends, it was awesome, but definitely NOT our typical Utah Christmas!.
18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? "You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen..."Duh! I know the song by HEART!
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? This year it's a star.
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? On Christmas eve (pajamas only) and the rest in the morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The commercialization of Christmas, the fact that it starts in October and the greed. (I can't believe a man was killed at WalMart because of it!) I'm sure it won't be long before it all starts after Valentine's Day!
21. Favorite ornament theme or color? Hm, that's tough. I always like the sparkly things. (Surprised?!)
22. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Just about anything, but I have to admit that having authentic Italian dishes such as Gnocchis and Chicken Cacciatore hand made by my Grandpa Pieri can't be beat! (Oh and his homemade Pizzelles and Cannolis were to DIE for!)
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want everyone to be happy and healthy. (That sounds trite, but it's true!)